The New Jersey Chapter of the Society for Information Management (SIM) is home to New Jersey’s top senior Information Technology professionals.
For more than 20 years, the SIM New Jersey Chapter has been the organization of choice for IT executives in the New Jersey metropolitan area. Membership now includes over 200 IT leaders including CIOs, CTOs, Vice President, Directors and other senior IT Managers as well as consultants and academics from top New Jersey and New York businesses and institutions.
New Jersey Chapter Offers
Monthly Dinner Meetings
Eight meetings per year designed to foster networking opportunities across the SIM-NJ membership while providing a forum for learning about current topics in the field of IT management.
Twice a year the SIM NJ Chapter provides social opportunities for membership and their significant others to come together and network in a less formal setting. In August we have a members-only BBQ in a less formal setting that is FREE to our members and allows members to enjoy time with each other without a formal presentation. In December, we have a formal holiday party for our members and a non-member guest. Over the years, this event has become a favorite as it is an opportunity to celebrate with fellow members and their guests! These events are both extremely well attended and serve as a way to build community within the SIM NJ membership.
Golf and Technology Event
SIM NJ sponsors an annual golf event that benefits the NJ SIM Foundation which contributes to local universities, charities and other non-profit organizations. Over the past several years the Foundation has provided significant donations to organizations such as the Cancer Support Community, Big Brothers and Sisters and Junior Achievement.
Membership Value Proposition
The New Jersey Chapter is a member organization of the Society for Information Management (SIM), a prestigious professional association of executives, academics, and consultants in the information management field.
Membership is limited to the top information executives in leading business or public sector firms and key academic contributors to the field. SIM’s mission is to provide international leadership and education in the successful use of information technology to meet business objectives.
Chapters of SIM are geographically based. New Jersey serves the New Jersey and New York area and is one of 30 chapters of SIM.
As a member of the New Jersey Chapter of SIM, you will benefit from the following membership activities:
- Dinner speakers and/or panelists who are prominent experts and key leaders in academia and industry. Most programs are the second Thursday of the month.
- Peer networking – Our Chapter is a senior IT leadership organization designed expressly for senior IT leaders.
- Mentorship Program
- Access to Membership vendors.
- Partnerships between academic and practitioner communities.
- Annual Technology Exchange & Charity Golf Outing
- SIM NJ Social Events
- Tri-State Metro Area CIO Conferences/Summits
- Regional Leadership Forum (RLF)
- Membership in SIM International.
- Access to SIM International publications
- Best Practices and SIM sponsored practical research
- Advanced Practices Council (APC)
- SIM National sponsored conferences
- On-line Membership Directory for networking opportunities spanning many industries.